Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Our anniversary

Tony and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this weekend.  



 One of the girls that was in the youth ministry that we helped at in Minnesota was getting married, so we took a few extra days and celebrated our anniversary while we were there.  My parents were super wonderful and paid for our hotel while we were there.  What a blessing!  Our hotel was really nice.  There was a door between the living room and bedroom which was nice because I could come out and shut the doors while Tony was still sleeping in the mornings.



This is what I did in the mornings...it was nice to get up and have nothing to do...just sit and relax and read.  Tony got me a new camera for our anniversary, so I'm actually figuring out how to use it here.  I used the timer.  He also donated clothing, fruit trees, food and supplies through World Vision as a gift.  He wanted to buy me a necklace, but knows that I'm not a big fan of spending money on jewelry, so he got me this-the perfect gift, instead.  


The hotel room also had a full kitchen.  That was nice because I could put some of my food that needs to be refrigerated in it.  We had some leftovers and could reheat them in the microwave.  They had dishes, silverware, bowls, and containers too.



Here's the view out of our window.  They have grills so people can cook out if they want to.  


They also had a great hot breakfast in the morning (They even had a few things I could eat and Tony had a big variety to choose from).  We weren't there long enough to use it, but they also have free washers and dryers.  We thought it was cool anyway.  It was such a relaxing weekend. It was fun to spend time in the place where we spent the first 3 1/2 years of our marriage together.  (I'll post a few more pictures of what we did when I have more time.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so jealous you got to go back to MN! Looks like a great trip!

Jill said...

Hi Am~ Did you read Passionate Life? How was it?
Do you have any pics from Sondra's wedding?

Sarah said...

I cannot stop laughing. You were SO YOUNG!

Happy Anniversary and great pictures. The hotel looks awesome. Was the weather nice?

Oh, it's June 20th. I'm looking forward to it since we missed you guys the last time.