My cousin, Kim, tagged me a few days ago about Christmas traditions. We have several traditions that we do each year. We start by decorating the Christmas tree and putting out a few decorations in the house. We put on Christmas music and I try to get the boys to dance with me.
We normally go to Tony's step-dad's side of the family the weekend before Christmas (this year it's the weekend after because of Tony's sister's graduation for college). Christmas eve we go to Tony's aunt's house (his mom's side), and my parents normally join us there. Christmas morning we have breakfast with Tony's mom's side of the family. We get together with Tony's dad and step-mom some time on Christmas eve or Christmas (this year bright and early Christmas morning). Since my sister has been married, we get together with my side of the family the week after Christmas when she's back to visit. Ok, so that might be a little confusing to read through...
One tradition that we started with the boys is to let them open one present from their stocking starting the week before Christmas. We got a little excited and they've opened a couple from under the tree too. Sometimes we just can't help ourselves. Christmas morning we read the Christmas story and then the boys open the rest of their presents.
I think my favorite tradition is making "gingerbread (graham cracker) houses" with the boys.
The church that we're at now has a Christmas eve service so we'll be doing that this year too.
I think that's about it. So now I'll tag my sister, Sarah, Kim, and Jessica. What are your Christmas traditions?
1 comment:
Neat traditions.... I love the photo the boys with their houses.
Post a Comment