Friday, February 13, 2009

How sweet...until

I don't really like to cook, so when I make (or attempt to make) a good supper, I'm proud of myself.  The other night I made cheeseburgers, fried potatoes, corn, and salad.  Caleb was eating the cheeseburger and said, "Mom, this tastes like Burger King."  Wow! I thought.  How sweet...until- "Well, the mustard on the cheeseburger tastes like theirs."   

A few days earlier Caleb was asking how old I was.  I told him that I was 30.  He said, "You don't look very old for 30."   How sweet, I thought, until- "But then you're gonna get old and then you die."  Thanks for the reminder.


2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

oh my goodness... this made me laugh out loud.

Sarah said...

Nice. Hopefully, Emery will never learn to talk lol! Too late. Tonight he kissed me with tongue.

My next Friday off is the first weekend of March. Otherwise we can get together on a Saturday if you'd like. Erik still wants to see your place.

We thought about calling you last Friday and leaving a bunch of wierd messages reminiscent of the Cable Guy but in the end just sat at home and did our foster parent homework. Yeah, we're lame.