Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Timing

God's timing is perfect.  Sure, I know that, but watching a plan unfold before your eyes is always amazing and encouraging.  Around January Tony felt that God said it was okay for him to look for another job...that everything would be okay.  We prayed that God would "open the door" for where we were suppose to be and "shut the doors" where we were not suppose to be.  Soon after we learned that one of the two churches that supported the ministry Tony worked for could no longer financially support the ministry...the other church couldn't support it by itself.  While there was a lot !!!! of waiting and prayer, Tony was finished with his old job on July 31st and began his new position on Aug. 1st.  Perfect timing.  Now, if you were to ask us if this is the place where we thought we would be-in a rural, farm community at a somewhat conservative body of believers- we would have to say no.  But, once again, God knows best and I'm sure this is where we're supposed to be.  

Right now we live in the parsonage for one of the churches that supported the ministry Tony used to work for.  Part of taking a new job meant that we would have to find somewhere else to live.  They told us that we could live at this house for 2 months while we looked for a new place...that was nice of them not to kick us out to the streets :-)  We preferred to rent something, but since the communities in the new area are so small, there is not a lot to rent.  So we got pre-approved for a home loan, but it wasn't very much, so we couldn't find anything that we liked and could afford.  We knew that God guided Tony to this position, so he would also guide us to a place to live.  So we had to wait... While Tony joined the "church" mens' softball team for one of their last games of the season, I talked to one of the wife's.  Her husband got a new job an hour away and they were going to be moving.  They rented a farm house 1.5 miles away from the church where Tony just got a position at.  She had just told the landlord about their move, so the landlord had not put out an ad looking for renters yet.  She gave the landlord our name and number.  We talked to the landlord the next day and after a few conversations, they said we could move in by the end of the month.  Again, perfect timing.  Now, if you were to ask me if I thought we would be renting a house that has well water and uses propane for heating, I would have said no.  But, once again, God knows best.  The other great thing about the timing of the situation is that God provided a place for us to live two weeks before Caleb starts school (we really wanted him to be able to start school on time and start at the school he would attend all year).   I feel so blessed by God right now.  I hope that we can continue to listen to his voice and follow after him each day.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yippeeeee!! I'm so happy for you guys! God's timing is perfect. I'm sure you heard the story of our house and how it all came to be.

Oh, and here's an interesting thing, well water is actually healthier because of the minerals. Maybe it will help..?

I have this Friday off. I don't know what you guys have planned or if you need help with packing or anything.

I'm very happy for you guys!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!