Monday, April 21, 2008

The Big 3-0

My 30th birthday was last week.  I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.  It was great!  My sister started sending me "30 reasons to celebrate your life" cards;  each card had one letter of "Happy 30 Birthday" on the front side and then 2 reasons to celebrate my life on the back.  When you put them all together there were 30 reasons to celebrate my life written on the backs.  I also got a few other cards and some money and a few gift certificates...I normally don't go shopping for myself, so I'll have to think about what to get.  On the day of my birthday, I got to relax and enjoy the morning...no rushing.  (The sad part is that the boys I watch were sick and they couldn't come, that's why I didn't have to get ready)  Joshua and I went outside and rode scooters and enjoyed the beautiful sunny day....while the birds were chirping in the bushes by the parking lot we were in.  I'm pretty sure they were singing happy birthday.  Since I only had Joshua, Jessica and Steve-O (that work with Tony) took shifts and watched Joshua while Tony and I went to the Olive Garden for lunch.  The salad...the apricot chicken...so yummy. When Caleb came home from school he gave me a big bunch of flowers that Tony had taken him to get.  They were so pretty.  Then for supper we went to a Japanese habachi (sp?) grill restaurant with my parents where they make your food on an open grill right at your seat.  I have never been to one before.  The food was really good and it was fun to watch the chef cook everything in front of you.  The chef also does a few little "tricks" for entertainment.  My mom brought me flowers too, so it's been nice having all the beautiful flowers to enjoy.  The other thing I wanted to do for my birthday was to go to Comedy Sportz (which is on Fri.-the day after my birthday).  We had a couple of friends go with us and got to enjoy good, clean comedy-I love to laugh.  Then I got to enjoy a relaxing weekend.  I had time to read a whole book (Pagan Christianity) and Sunday night we had the college-age people that help with the youth ministry over for an impromptu b-b-q.  Today is another beautiful day and I get to go over to my grandparents house for a birthday dinner.  So turning the big 3-0 couldn't have been better.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend.














5 comments:

Melis said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

I never knew our birthdays were so close. I'm glad to hear you had such a relaxing birthday. I really have got to post the story of my birthday. It was FULL of surprises, not all fun.

BUT happy birthday to you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Kimmy said...

: )

I am super happy that you had an awesome birthday!!! I was gonna get you a giftcard, but I wasn't sure where you would like the gift card for (I will have to put my thinking cap on!). Even better that the weather was so beautiful for your birthday!!!! :)

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful! 30 is a momentous one! I turn that this year too! How crazy! I really still feel 19! I hear you may be coming to visit soon! That would be so nice! Anyway hope your doing great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I love those Japanese restaurants! Looks like fun!